Friday, March 29, 2013

Time for Your Checkup!

As you may recall, about 4 weeks ago, I decided to "give up on" my goals of getting back to my pre-baby weight in favor of just getting healthier and stronger.

A group of my friends and I agreed to do 4 weeks of Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 workout.

And I figured you were all waiting on pins and needles to find out the results about this little experiment.

Good news.

I'm here to spill the beans.

Week 1 wasn't so bad.

But I will admit that by day 3, I could barely lift my arms over my shoulders.

Week 2...

Well...

In a nutshell - it's a killer.

I may have cried.

But it's not insanity, so....

And it's only 25 minutes long...

I can do ANYTHING for 25 minutes....

So I kept at it.

Week 3 came and went.

At some point during week 3, I am pretty sure my legs stopped functioning properly.

But it's all good.

Eventually, I hit week 4.

And thought, there is no way I can do this.

But I did.

Week 4 is officially over.

And as for the final outcome???

Well, as it turns out, I did lose almost 1 lb. in the last month.


Technically a total of .8, but it's my lowest weight to date...

Putting me only 5.6 from my pre-pregnancy weight.

But more importantly, I really feel like I can see alot of improvement in my body in the last month.

Muscles are getting firmer, I'm seeing more tone and less flab...

And more importantly, my clothes are fitting better every day.


To be honest, I don't think you can visually see alot of difference in the last 4 weeks.

But I feel it.

So moving forward, I am going to continue the same strain of workout dedication.

I will be continuing at least another month with Ripped - maybe interchangeably with other workouts, but definitely more often than not.

And maybe somewhere down the line, I'll get brave enough and/or strong enough to try Insanity or P90x, but for now, I'm excited about the change that the last month has given me and I'm more excited about the motivation it has given me.

Here's to the next 4 weeks and seeing where it takes me!


No comments: